Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beautiful Boy, Mark.

4/5/11
Beauty boy, Mark.
(Dedicated to Mark Priestley)

Beautiful boy, telling eyes
with a crystal clear smile
etched deep in all our minds,
I remember,

We remember.

I wish I could throw my hands into the ground,
find your body, breathe your air back,
But I cannot save you, they cannot save you,
nobody can save you now,
So I will save myself instead.

I will save myself.

Contagious smile baby boy,
keep your head up they said,
baby boy, keep up the chin,
Contagious smile baby boy,
I hope you’re pain is gone.

I know you’re pain is gone.

I promise you your smile will go on
but your sadness won’t,
A lasting smile - if only
you knew your sadness would pass,
You would still... but you’re not,
So I will save myself instead,

I will save myself.

I promise you taught me,
I promise you taught me
I remember.

I know your smile is here with me,
I know your beauty boy,
And so I know mine,
I know your beauty boy
that you couldn’t see,
I know your beauty boy
it’s crystal clear to me.

1 comment:

  1. Man, i love this one!! He was so gorgeous. :( - Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete