Thursday, May 5, 2011

3/4/11
Oh God I can see the light, won’t you just let me out?
For a day or for an hour? To just get some sun on my skin,
It’s becoming so sour, so pale and god let me out for just an hour.

Oh God, I see the light shining through, the light I haven’t
seen for months, you locked me down here with a clue,
I’ve gone missing and no-one’s asking...

I spent the first month just screaming for my life
‘til my throat was scarred and my lungs worn out,
I spent the first month just screaming for my life
until I accepted that now this is ... my life.

Oh God, I wrench the door again and again but I
can’t find my way out, lights out, just let me out
for an hour or two, to just get some sun on my skin,
to just let me breathe some fresh air again.

It’s getting so stale in here, it’s been forever now,
And I can’t find any weakness in these walls,
I see the hidden eye-hole you look through,
And have I told you lately I think you’re disgusting?

And when he opens the door and I see the light for just a second,
I make a run for it but it shuts before I even get to glimpse...
And when he opens the door and the light burns my eyes,
I stumble but I just can’t make it before...

His hand comes down upon my face again,
I haven’t stopped trying,
His hand comes down...again,
I won’t ever stop trying,

I shout again and again but to no avail,
I shout over and over but it’s all in vain,
I scream again and again and again.

I was meant to live a life not a nightmare,
And God, if you were true would you really let this happen?
I was meant to live a life not a nightmare,
And God, if you were true would you really let me crumple,
fold and give in?

Well you don’t’ just look in through it, I look out too
at the rest of the world turning and turning and I wonder
why didn’t anyone ask whatever happened to my body?
What are the stories that have been fabricated for my disappearance,
And how I hope someone knows and is still looking
but I fear down here is my home and I’ll never be saved,
Not ever...be saved,

But I will make a run or stumble for it every time that he opens the door,
I won’t give in, my family is out there grieving somewhere,
And some days I fold, cry in a corner,
But I’ll keep fighting and I don’t care how often

his hand comes down upon my face again,
I won’t stop trying,
his hand comes down...again,
I won’t ever stop trying,

And I think he’s starting to see my determination,
And Oh God, this is starting to get desperate,
You see he’s getting buckets of water and filling up this well,
It’s up to my ankles now, Oh God get me out,
I write this on the wall but the water is beginning to strangle my neck,

I should have just given up, at least I would have lived,
I wonder as I begin to drown will they find my body now?
And become all confused, open up a closed case,
‘Cause what are the lies that they believe about me?

I can swim but I cannot hold my breath for long,
I can swim but I cannot see the light and I struggle
with the handle but it just won’t snap open,
I can swim but I cannot hold my breath much longer,
I can swim but I cannot find anything weak in the walls
and I really think that this is probably it,

I angered him too much or maybe just enough
for now I get relief from this horrible place,
I hope I don’t go to Hell because I feel I’ve
already lived it here but the things he made me do
will probably land me there, anyway,
I hope I don’t go to Hell because I’ve
already lived it through but the things he made me do
have probably reserved me a space,

Oh god, this is it, get me out of this mess,
Oh god, I’ve been praying, you’ve been saying
everything happens for a reason, but it’s been seasons,
Oh god, this is it, get me out of this mess,
Oh god, I’ve been praying and you’ve been making
excuses, I don’t think you’re true,
Oh god, this is it, my head is going under,
this body will come out mangled because he’s not finished
with me yet, oh god, this is your last chance,

Get me out of this mess,
I pray one last time in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment