Thursday, May 5, 2011

23/3/11
I am a mere speck in time,
One star in a very full sky
And it kills me – I need to be more
than someone who will just be forgotten.

I am always trying to find
a constellation but I am always

turned away as they shoot off
in all directions,

That’s right - every shooting star is running from me.

I am a mere speck in time,
One lonely star in a too-full sky.

And it kills me – I need to be more
than a simpleton who will just be forgotten.

I am always searching but
only ever finding big holes

to sink right through and I
become so small,

That’s right - every hole was dug and laid in by me.

I am a mere speck in time,
One pathetic star in a crowded sky,
I can’t ignite my light
to even be seen,
If I have to be a stupid star
I’d at least like to be seen,
But I am one
lonely
stupid
pathetic
star
who cannot even ignite enough to be seen,

That’s right I’m one crippled dark star,

And I’ve tried so many times to launch,

But I’ll never shoot through to the heavens,
Yeah that;s where there all going – didn’t you know?
And I’ll never shoot through to the heavens,
I’ll just be left here, ‘til the end time I’ll be alone,

On the darkest night I still cannot be seen.
I’ve tried and I’ve tried to ignite my bright,
But there’s nothing there, there’s nothing
here. This star has no heart left.

No comments:

Post a Comment