Thursday, May 5, 2011

28/3/11
Oh you ventured out and I know you’re so scared of the dark,
But that doesn’t mean I appreciate you disturbing my grave,
Yeah you dug and dug and dug ‘til your shovel hit my head,
Woke me up from the nicest nap I’ve ever had, now why
would you go and do that? Wake me up from the nicest nap...

Oh you dragged my body up out of my final resting place,
Oh you cut my wrist open, to see me bleed? I’ve got nothing
left, yeah then you cut your own open and held it to mine,
I swear I’ll kill myself if you bring me back to life, I swear,
now why would you go and do that? Wake me up from the nicest nap...

Oh you made an incision in your own chest, yeah I can see
everything, death just means that I cannot speak or yell,
What are you doing? Bandage up, go home and sleep, but you
cannot hear me, only I can hear me. Well you made an incision
and then you went awfully deep, now why would you wake me up
for this? Why would you go and do that? Wake me up from the nicest nap...

Don’t you know the guilt I already feel? Now don’t you dare
go any deeper, I cry as you ignore my noiseless screams,
And you dig in real deep, pull out half your heart and still it beats,
But why would you do this? Maybe you just want to have a nice long nap...

Oh you dragged me up here for this and I think I knew
from the second I heard your footsteps up above me but I
was in denial, nothing has really changed, but bandage up,
go home and sleep and let me get back to my beautiful nap,
Why would you do this? Why would you disturb the dirt for this?
Woke me up from the nicest nap I ever had, and if you resurrect me,
I swear I’ll,

And so made an incision in my disgusting chest, swept off
all the worms and maggots, oh god, the creak of my ribs
is like a banshee’s scream, why are you doing this? Don’t
you get it? As you remove my heart and replace it,
I’m not a car, more than the engine is gone, don’t you know
I’m not for repair? You see when they bury you underground
it’s meant to send the message that I’M DEAD! Don’t you dare,
but you did dare...

And god, how dry my throat is, and oh god, this can’t be happening,
And god, how dry my mouth is and how cracked my skin is,
And oh how disgusting my eyes feel and how I can’t believe,
And oh god, how did you let this happen again?
I can’t believe I’m back in the land of the living,

Oh I was having the nicest nap and the most beautiful dream,
I was dreaming nothing and it was serenity,
Oh I was having the longest nap and the most beautiful dreams,
I was dreaming nothing and it was golden,

I can’t believe you woke me up for this, I know you were
lonely but you had no right to disturb the site of my body,
This is why I left because I couldn’t make my own decisions
and you just proved me, you just affirmed the reason why I left,

And I said I swear I will, and now I’m in your basement,
And I’ve emptied an entire can upon myself,
No body to put to rest, no body to bring to life,
And now I’m about to light a match – just thought I’d say

how dare you, and that’s all, how dare you,
Well this time there will be nothing to wake up,

Try put my ashes back together but I burnt off my hand first,
And I hid it far from you so I’ll never be whole again,

Yeah I’ll never be whole again, and I can’t believe you
woke me up for this, I can’t believe this happening,

Well here goes nothing and that’s all I’ll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment