Thursday, May 5, 2011

3/4/11
You think I fit into this little hole you dug all for me, how sweet,
Well I fell in and I couldn’t jump out, it was all dug out too deep,
You think this is where I belong because one size fits all,
But this is my life and there is no blanket rule,
Because no two people have the same DNA,
And no two people experience everything the same,

You think I fit into this little hole you dug all for me, well how sweet,
Well this is me climbing out and I can see you panicking,
I am individual and I am not the same as hundreds of other people
even if they might have felt the same way,
It is all about perception and emotions,
And no two people share the same shape of tears,

Well I don’t fit in this little hole you dug just for me,
Well I don’t fit under this stupid blanket,
You dug out a hole and then covered it up – a trap,
And you caught hundreds, even thousands,
But I throw always throw a rock first, so you’ll never get me,

You got me once and it took me so long to climb out,
I won’t put myself in that situation again, I swear
I’m done with labels and diagnoses that just paint out
the way I should act, the way I should feel,
Because no two people deal with situations exactly the same,
And despite what they say sometimes it’s time to change,

Well you dug me this beautiful tight little hole,
It was so comforting standing shoulder-shoulder
with all these people who felt like I did,
who thought like I did, who were just like me,
But now I can see the truth, nobody is just like me,
And that’s not a scary thought anymore – just a true one,
And that’s not a scary thought anymore – but a freeing one,

There is no blanket rule because we’re not all the same,
There is no one size fits all because this is just the game
of life, and if you give in you lose and if you put up,
you fight and you might have to fight your whole life
but it’s better than being in a box shoulder-shoulder
And I could hardly breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment