Thursday, January 13, 2011

Senses Fail.

I need to disconnect from the shallowness
of the world, I need to throw it all out,
So I burn down my house and another cigarette,
And I say goodbye to all my possessions,
And I tell myself that none of it matters,

I taste the smoke in the back of my throat,
And I see the flames eat all my favourite things,
I listen to every thought before I rid myself of it,
I run my hands over the cuts on my skin,
I breathe in deep and smell my life rot away,
And then I breathe again and I let my
senses fail.

I try to close my mind to everything
about life, I need to have none of it,
So I put a cigarette to my skin, watch it burn,
But I said goodbye to any feelings,
And I tell myself the pain doesn’t exist,

I taste the blood I bit from my tongue,
And I see my skin ripple and burn a little,
I hear the quiet crackling so comforting,
I run my hands over my sick bones,
I breathe in deep and smell my body rot away,
And then I breathe again and I let my
senses fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment