Thursday, January 13, 2011

-

24+25/11/10
I gotta get these lines down quick
‘Cause they fade in an instant, a click,
I’ve been trying to protect myself from the rain
with a tissue paper umbrella but I just end up yellin’
As the lightning strikes me over and again,
And in my head, I’m so sick,

But I’m giving up lying
and taking up trying,
I’m giving up giving up,
(There’s no time for that)

‘Cause life passes fast while I remain afraid
Questioning my wellbeing, am I insane,
I’ve been trying to put out a thousand fires
with all this gasoline, I burn my wrists clean
As I turn into one of those liars
I hate, I remain,

To move on I gotta look back
while I stare forward,
I cannot afford to get stuck,
I stop myself mid-run,
Remind myself what needs to be done,

And I finally put the drink down
But I couldn’t throw the permanent frown,
Like a Barbie I have a smile so fake,
I need a manual on how not to make
a mess of everything over again,
My feet itched so hard I ran.

‘Kid, it’s about time to face your past,
Your feet gotta stop kicking up all this dust.’

‘Cause the clock tick tock’s my life away,
I’ve got a thousand and one reasons to stay,
But I’ve got a thousand and one to leave too,
The balance of this is just way too perfect,
So it’s a toss up and it goes from “I can’t make it through”,
to ‘I’ve no choice, I’m fighting this war - win or lose’

And like Linus I need a security blanket,
I don’t know how to make it through without it,
it’s not drinking and it’s not drugs,
Might sound lame but now it’s love,

And I’m giving up lying,
and taking up trying,
giving up giving up,
There’s no time left for that.

And I will overpower my past,
And I will never throw in the towel,
‘Cause I can’t let this feeling last,
And I will overcome my own mind,
‘Cause I’m on the verge of

Taking up trying
in the place of lying,
I’m giving up giving up,
I’ve decided time’s too fast
to keep going on like that,

Kid, it’s about time you turn and fight,
It’s been too long, you’ve lost sight
of what it is life is all about – it’s not all pain
and it’s not all suffering, stand tall
Kid, it’s time you turn and fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment