Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fighting, screaming,
Hands trying to hold back the tide
and then drag it back out,
I thought I could swim alright
but the rules are different
in the darkest hour of the night,
In the deepest part of the ocean,
I’m unseen.

In my dreams I,
Am so desperately trying to jump
through the lines of time,
I thought I could erase this
but what’s done is done
and I’ve no power to change it,
The tidal wave screams through me,
I’m unliving.

Denial is not a river in Egypt
but I do have mommy issues,
She couldn’t protect me
But neither could daddy,
‘Cause every secret I hid
was buried deep inside a pyramid.

You can’t run from a tidal wave
Just like you can’t blow away a hurricane
But I’ve been drowning fires
in gasoline for years and years.
Denial’s addiction is the brain,
It’s like using a paper umbrella
to protect yourself from the rain.

And this pyramid heart
is slowly being dismantled stone by stone,
I’ve such a long way to go,
But at least I am letting the armor
that has been dragging down my lips and my shoulder
slowly fall, I’m sharing the weight ‘cause
Unintentionally I’m inevitably growing older.

I may not be able to control the weather
But I can make the decision to let my defenses down,
I may not be able to control the balance in my mind
But I can make the decision to never back down,

And I can wake up in the morning with the intention
to just make it through another day holding my head
up above the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment