Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Different Solution.

A DIFFERENT SOLUTION
I’m over forty five minute sessions
on a couch while you write a new prescription,
And I take up but hide another addiction,
This doesn’t work for me ‘cause I can’t trust
white lab coats and judging frowns,

I must have spent forty thousand
whining about how hard my pointless life is,
And these weekly session confirm this,
This isn’t working for me ‘cause I can’t trust
an inanimate prescription pad.
Then I left the shiny new buildings
with their comfortable waiting seats,
But you’d wait for a solution forever,
Then I left the shiny new buildings
and stepped into the real world

where people poured and shared
their souls with one another
like it was gold, and it was.
There was no judging frown
and hands were only held out to hold
not to take and freedom was only a room
away if you so desired.
And all the differences fade away
and all the similarities provide the welcome,
And all the experience provide the strength,
And all the people provide the reason
to keep on coming back.

And this is a medicine that you can’t bottle
or work into a pill, you can’t write a prescription for this.

And this could just about work
‘cause in these rooms I found someone I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment