Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lead

23/11/10

I saw a guide dog across the room
and I thought ‘you’re life is going
to be more meaningful than mine’
unless I step up, step up,
And take this by the throat and shake it,

I know I’ve potential if I’m trained
and I thought ‘I’ve got to make
something out of this before I die’
so I will step up, step up,
And take this by the throat and whisper
‘disappear’

You’ll lead a blind man to his destination,
I will lead the sick into the light
And not the one you see when you die,
The one that greets you when you say ‘yes’ to life.

‘Cause suicide is a waste of life,
Especially when you can never get it right,
There’s a reason you fail every time,
You are meant for so much more
And so am I so I promise to try harder,

One day I will lead the sick into the light,
It might just take me a little more time,
But we can live forever if we’re willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment