Thursday, January 13, 2011

2012

18/11/10
The sun is shining,
The birds are singing,
The world is at – no , wait,
Go.

The sun hid behind a cloud
And the birds are dropping like flies,
Apocalypse – the world is coming to an end,
Oh how I hope I don’t die alone,
But I question if I have any friends…left.

So I have to stop pushing them away,
And drag ‘em close without drowning,
It’s so easy once one’s under
for the waves to eat us both.

I’ve got nothing left lyrically
And I can only hope your imagination
is enough to picture two thousand and twelve,
And oh where will you be?
And oh do I have the time to find…myself.

So I have to stop pushing this down,
And drag it up without drowning,
It’s so easy once I’m under
to just let the waves take over.

It’s just water, I scream, hardly solid,
I won’t drown in it, I won’t walk on it,
But I will tread it.

The clouds are grey, expectations
so met it’s kind of (do I dare to say) boring,
For a world so complicated you’d think they’d
be a little more creative
than grey clouds and smoke, burning tree’s
and ugly buildings falling to pieces,
Oh there we go, a hole in the sky and the ground opens up
and everyone is starting to run,
The so young and the so old are taken first
But this thing gains speed, I swear my feet are so sore
not because I’m running but I nailed them to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment