Friday, February 4, 2011

My Light And Dark

3/2/11
My light is finally getting a little watering
And my dark is so much more than envious,
My light is finally getting some spotlight
And my dark is always lurking backstage,

And when my light walks off stage,
My dark grabs her around the throat
and whispers ‘next time, half the time,
The way it’s always been, I know
there’s new management
and all these brand new plans,
But we all know who’s in charge here’
And he lets her go with a warning snarl.

Crying, she wails all night but I don’t know what to do,
Crying, she wails all night but I block my ears to the sound,
Crying, she wails all night but I don’t know how to comfort.

My light defies and continues to show
And my dark is growing so very distraught,
He’s so unused to being second best
And my dark is growing a little weaker,

Or am I growing a little stronger with a new torch here?
Or is this flame allowing the light to shine brighter?
Or am I growing a little courage with a newfound spirit?

And when my light walks off stage
And he grabs her again,
she wails loud enough for me to hear
And I come and I say
“Dark, back off, you might have had reins
for here quite a while
but I’m putting you in your place,
This isn’t right, it’s never been okay,
But now I’ve a voice of my own,
And I’m going to let my light show’.

No comments:

Post a Comment