Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jesus Christ

28/1/11

Does Jesus regret it now?
Does Jesus see it as a waste of time?
‘Cause He died for our sins and here we are
all sinning once again, what a thank you gift
for three days dead, well that’s no big deal
that how I spend every weekend after a binge,
Why can’t I too be a God?

Does Jesus hold resentments
Have we made Jesus lose all interest?
‘Cause we’re no better than before He died,
in fact I’d say we’re probably worst,
And like a child we’ve thrown His attempts
back in His face, backs turned away,
Where the Hell is the faith?

Could I ask permission - could I die too,
Just for a few days to see what it was like?
They say no-one’s ever come back to tell us,
Well doesn’t that make Jesus seem so selfish,
He could have put all our minds at ease,
But now I sit here every night and wonder
why I’m alive but I’m too scared to die,
Well Jesus, I don’t want to defy my faith
‘cause I’m scared of lightning bolts from the sky,
But is that really a good enough reason
to try and believe?

Does Jesus really love us?
Or has Jesus seen more than enough?
‘Cause we are a selfish race with flaws,
I guess we do follow after him,
‘And none of us say please (save me),
And I thought ignorance was bliss, so
Why the Hell can’t I find it?

And I thought ignorance was bliss, so
why do I sit night after night
contemplating the afterlife?

No comments:

Post a Comment