Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dream Within A Dream Within A Nightmare

3/2/11

I had a dream
I had enough
I threw myself
in the path of a train
going at full speed
It’s not like this was a brand new idea.

I woke up terrified
and completely un-alive,
Well here I was, to learn the lies?
It seemed a place does exist
for those who no longer lived,
I am an apprentice guardian angel
helping people find their way and
Then I ask the forbidden question
“What about Hell, does it exist too?”

The answer grants me
in the form of a dream (within a dream)
Of fires, forks and burning tree’s,
Eyes that are so frightening
You strike yourself with lightening
just to learn you can never die
but you are forever un-alive
I ask myself if ever I would wake up
And on cue ends my unsatisfying nap.

I awake well alive
open my eyes
forget about all the exposed lies,
I proceed to the kitchen
And there it is, I remember
Drop the plate in my hand (crash)
fall, I can hardly stand,
I see Hell start to open up right before
me, right beneath my kitchen floor,


As I lean close,
The tiles burn up my toes
I jump on my bench writing a death note,
Now I sit here, with a pen
please tell me this is pretend,
Or will I sit here forever,
Oh, how long until never?
I sit just quivering, watching
just quivering, waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment