Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dragging Back A Hallucination

7/2/11

I held my breath until you came back,
Then I could finally breathe again.

How did I live without breathing?
I think your heart did the beating.

I don’t know how I’ve survived
without your whispers in my ear,
“I’ll always be here, in a year,
in forever and beyond”.

I am just trying to drag back my hallucination,
I am just trying to drag you back into my vision
in desperation.

You’ve never been far away,
All I need is a canvas from eyelids.

I don’t know how I’ll survive
without your whispers in my ear
“I’ll always be here, in a year,
in forever and a day’.

I can’t see you – it kills me, I close my eyes
and run my hands through the air,
And I tell myself I can feel every hair
sticking up on the back of your neck,
Identical to mine because for someone
who doesn’t exist you feel so close,

You feel so close.


I have just dragged back my favourite hallucination,
I have just dragged you back into my vision again
in desperation.

I may grit my teeth but I get lonely too,
I may hold my breath but I get lonely too.

No comments:

Post a Comment