Tuesday, November 3, 2009

28-10-09

28-9-09
Could you give me a little space, please?
Stand maybe a good ten feet away.
I am in some kind of conductive state.
Where I take on everything I meet.
Everything I meet I take and I pile it on these shoulders.
And I have to tell you my workout doesn’t cover this.
There is no way my shoulders are trained to quite take this.
Everything I meet I take and I thrust it through this heart.
And I have to tell you my cardio system is in disrepair.
There is no way my heart is quite facilitated to cope with this.

Could you back away just a tad, please?
Stand maybe a good twenty feet away.
I am in some kind of insane state.
Where I take in everything I see.
Everything I see I take it in and I throw it behind these eyes.
And I have to tell you my prescription doesn’t meet the requirements.
There is no way my eyes are ready to see what they’re about to see.
Everything I see I take it in and just shove it with every memory.
And I have to tell you my memory is being crushed.

Have you ever seen a demolished construction rise
Right from the ashes, right in front of your little eyes.
Have you ever seen a building knocked down,
Only to put itself back together, the reflection in your eyes
shows that you’re ready to cry, that you’re ready to cry
over all of this, won’t you ever cry?

I blink away every reflection that meets these eyes.
Simply, I just blink it all away,
Save all that pain, all those tears, all that.
Save it all for some never-ever day.

No comments:

Post a Comment