Monday, November 16, 2009

14-11-09
When I turned up at your front door,
You should have seen the look on your face,
And the colour on your neck almost matched the one
on my wrist and his head was glued to your shoulder,
And he looked at me, first in confusion and then he let
that little grin spread,, ‘cause he knew…

That you let me go, yeah you cut the rope,
The one tied to my wrists and your hips,
Disconnected the button I pushed to control that wire
that I clipped tight around your lips.

And he wore that grin on his face,
Like you wore those marks on your neck,
Like I wore the cuts on my wrists and I saw the way
his hands moved your hips close to his and it was just
like the way I used to lick my, kiss your lips, ‘til the night
you said ‘I’ll never regret this’ but in the morning…

When I pushed my way in with no plan,
You should have seen the look on your face,
The one where you start to panic and he unwrapped himself
from you and put up those fists and I looked at him while
you looked at me and he looked at you for some clue
on what you wanted him to do.

You let me go, all those promises I shook on,
you said I was the kid of your dreams , I was
til you decided to change and clip every word real tight
around my heart.

And now he wears that grin on his face,
Like you wear those marks on your neck,
Like I wear the cuts on my wrists and I saw the way
his hands moved your hips close to his and it was just
like the way I used to lick my, kiss your lips, ‘til the night
you said ‘I’ll never regret this’ but in the morning…

You whispered, after one night,
“I thought it was true, but now I regret every move,
I thought I was true, it’s not me, it’s you,
I thought we’d last but you’re so past,
I thought we were lust but you wanted love,
I thought we were true but now I regret every move,
It’s not me, it’s you, it’s not me, it’s you.”

And you screamed it again in my face,
“It’s over, you wanted more than I wanted,
And now I’ve got this beautiful boy and he’s so good in bed,
And we’re lust, not love, we’re lust, not…”

He looks at her and she looks back and realizes her mistake,
He takes one step back towards the door, and he realizes
his mistake and she realizes she’s done it again, and he
says, “This is what you do. Make us fall in love with you,
and throw us passionately to the sheets and whisper
secrets and no regrets, then you say it’s lust, not love,
and they always scream back ‘it’s love, not lust’, now I know
what you are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment