Tuesday, November 3, 2009

27-9-09

27-9-09
Keep the blood in your wrists,
for them, for them, for them only.
Keep the breath in your lungs,
for them, for them, for them only.

Let your heart pump your blood,
through all your working arteries,
through and through and through.

Keep every drop in your arm,
for your friends, for your family,
Keep all that air passing through,
for them, for them, for them only.

If you could ever think of a better
reason for all this living
that feels so wrong but it feels so wrong
to end it too
you’d be content, for you and you only.

But I don’t, so I keep all the blood
in my wrist, in my head,
for you, for you, for you,
I keep all the blood passing through
and through, and through, and through,
And it feels so wrong but dying doesn’t
feel right either so I keep it all inside,
I mean all inside, for you, for you,
this is all for you but I’m scared that’s
not enough, it’s not enough to see
me all the way through this. I’ll just
keep floating through ‘til I meet what I know
is bound to jump out at me any minute from…
now.

No comments:

Post a Comment