Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sirens

1/2/09
I’m sick of every emergency siren
ringing In my ears
And every red and blue flashing light
blinding my eyes
to the good in the world as I wonder
Where’s the fire?
Where’s the pain?
Where’s the crime?
I bet it’s horrific.
I bet someone’s dying.
I bet he’ll get away with it.
Right now, I know someone somewhere is dying.
I let that thought fill me up with despair.
Right now, I know someone somewhere is laughing
But that doesn’t fill anything at all.
Because someone somewhere else is being raped.
Someone somewhere else is committing suicide.
And every emergency siren attatches itself to my shoulders.
Ringing right in my ears ‘til I can’t hear anything else.
Flashing lights right in the peripherals of my vision
‘til I can’t see anythingbut red and blue.
And it makes me question –
Where’s the fire?I bet it’s horrific.
Where’s the pain? I bet someone’s dying.
Where’s the crime?I bet he’ll get away with it.
And I know those sirens mean someone’s crying.
And it makes me question –
What’s to be content about in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment