Saturday, April 4, 2009

Diseased

3/4/09
Disease – what a simple word
for such a complex thing.
The line blurs between disease
and living. This disease in my head
is driving me quite literally crazy,
Sometimes I think cancer or some
physical disease would be easier to
deal with. Death would greet me,
shake my hand with an evil grin.
Instead, I get all his cousins
spitting in my face as Death lurks
in my shadow, just teasing,
teasing me like a dog with a bone,
the chain of life chokes me as I lurch towards
Death and he just laughs like I’m the biggest joke
he’s ever seen and I don’t blame him.
I am a joke but even pathetic at that,
I am just plain pathetic,
This disease is curled up inside my skull,
Just sleeping but beating blood into my veins,
Just relaxing in my head and pouring out of my mouth,
and filtering all my thoughts
and interpreting the world through sick eyes.
I just can’t move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment