Saturday, April 4, 2009

Literal metaphor

24/3/09
Just a step or three backwards.
A dangerous step backwards.
A step backwards is only dangerous
when you’re standing on an edge.
I’m always standing right on the edge.
So three steps means I’m falling
into the depths of the past
And I’m so used to this feeling
I can’t believe it still hurts so much.

I curse the faces around me
for not knowing what I’m thinking
.I curse my surroundings
as I try to escape them.
Feet, train, there are always windows though.
I cannot escape the world.
But I can escape the known for a while.
And live in the freshness of not knowing where I am.
Funny how I feel most alive
when I’m away from the common world.
When I’m alone in an unfamiliar place.
Excitement ignites – that breath of fresh air
in a new place turns into a sigh…
as I realize this place is no more my home
than the place I come from.

Literal or a metaphor?
They alwayswant to know.
Well this started literally
but it seems my literal actions are just
the physical actions of my mental games.

No comments:

Post a Comment