Saturday, April 4, 2009

Alone

30-3-09
Rotting bones - I’m disintegrating.
The shovel shop down the road
has decided to close down.
I am all alone. In this I am alone.
There’s no text on my headstone.
The grass over my grave never grows.
I am all alone. In this I am alone.
Everything I never did and never owned
flashes through my mind. In each
picture, I am alone. In this I am alone.
You can put your flowers all over me,
But flowers always die so quickly near me.
You can send your best wishes but
six feet under costs a bit extra and who
wants mail when you’re dead anyway?
With flies in my eyes and worms in my mouth
Even the insects die all around me as I tried
to scream. Dirt tastes just like it looks
-so ugly, the only thing covering me.
Get away. Don’t visit me here anymore.
I am speaking through worms to tell you
…to tell who?
No-one ever knows and nothing ever grows.
I will never know and I will never grow again.
I am alone. In this I am alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment