Friday, December 4, 2009

26-11-09
It’s only a lie when it’s bought,
It’s only the truth if it’s sought
for, fought for and won,
but that’s a rare occurrence,
Worse than slaying a flame
throwing dragon.

Lies create a new question for you,
Two sides - what you choose
to believe is the truth,
and what I choose to believe
is my truth, could all be slain
by thought.

If I wasn’t’ so pessimistic
this would be so simple.

You live in the truth where I am so content,
and everything screams “perfectly well”
I live in the truth where I am all dead
just stuck in a body that functions perfectly well,
I am waiting for the batteries to run out,
Waiting while I scream ‘I’m not perfectly well’
but your world knocks back pessimists
just like mine slays optimists.

The power of thought, free will
really could overpower all of this,
if only I had the guts to let it.
But I am a gutless liar thriving
on pessimism – dead soul,
living body.

What a dilemma,
What a dilemma I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment