Friday, December 4, 2009

24-11-09
L-l-lips on lips leads to hands on hips,
Could be so innocent if it was anyone else,
But hands on hips lead to bodies on bed sheets,
Could be so innocent if it was anyone else,
But b-b-bodies on bed sheets lead to wandering hands,
Getting into the grey area now aren’t we?
And wandering hands lead to muffled screams,
Yeah, I think this is a pretty dark shade of grey,
But if it weren’t you, it wouldn’t be anyone,
But if it were someone else, I’d left it at lips on lips.

But l-l-lips lead to hands on hips,
And hands on hips eventually lead to clasped hearts,
And clasped hearts come after clasped bodies,
Not quite the conventional order of things
but since when was this conventional?
We’re passing through the area of shades now,
Nice and quickly, way too quickly, went my heart,
‘Cause bodies in bed sheets led to mornings
with only pillows and regrets to keep me company.

L-l-lips led to hands on hips and hands on hips
led to a night and morning between the bedsheets,
And if it weren’t you, it wouldn’t be anyone,
But it’s the opposite for you,
If it weren’t’ me, it’d be whoever stood across the room,
If it weren’t you, it wouldn’t be anyone,
if it weren’t me, you’d crawl into someone else’s ear,
Bu do they like the ear thing as much as I do? cause
you got down-pat all the places to p-pat me in,
And get me…

L-lips can lead to hips but I should’ve formed words
before I jumped into bed with you first,
L-lips can find hips but I should’ve found conditions
before I let you continue your tradition,
Of wining , skip the dining and jump straight to the bedroom,
On one foot ‘cause the other is limp,
And just how much did I have to drink?
And just how sober are you?

You’re so used to this, just setting your alarm
nice and early and plugging in your earphones
when they fall asleep so you can wake up and
make your escape through the door before any
movement is happening and you never ever look back,
But now you’re looking back…

‘Cause lips on lips led to lips on hips, led to hands on
legs, and led to all that unspoken activity between
the mattress and the blanket and on the pillows,
And keep the noise quiet – ‘cause we’re not the only
people in this building…

But one night stands of lust turned to love,
And one night with you could never be enough,
And you pretended like you understood,
You thought that you could understand
A way that you’d never lived.

And now lips are reciting words and
there are so many shaking hips here, ‘cause
the absence of speech led to hearses,
And hearses led to tears and tear-stained
eulogies that were only delivered through sobs
and necessity.

“She saved herself for you”
And what did you do? Lips on lips, hands on hips,
Hands on hearts, and standing in respect,
And sweeping that hair out of her eyes like you’ve the right
but “You should have admitted it when she was alive”
And the fist hits you before the words,
And people are questioning who they feel more sorry for,
The girl lying dead in the hearse or the girl crying her heart
out on the bathroom floor, nursing a black eye,
but secretly wishing it would swell so bad so that she could
stop cursing her pathetic reflection,
And “I should’ve admitted it while she was alive,
And now I don’t think I could return to my old ways,
The tradition that got me here in the first place,
What good are lips and hips and hands and words
and hairs and strokes and beds and screams
if the person delivering doesn’t really mean a thing?
And hell, I wish this wasn’t a huge revelation…”

No comments:

Post a Comment