Friday, October 15, 2010

The Beach's Memory

1/10/10

The beach holds such mixed memories for me,
With my first love we watched the sea,
We watched the waves crush the shore,
We ran, we played tag in the sand,

But we didn’t last – I broke his heart,
Wore him down with my war story,
So I wouldn’t be the only one breaking,
Blame game no wait, I’m just so sorry.

The beach holds such mixed memories for me,
With my best friends we sat in the sea,
They talked while I felt so out of place,
I drank, they ran, I cursed the sand,

We didn’t last – I broke their hearts,
Wore them down with my war story,
So I wasn’t holding everything inside,
Blame game, no wait, I’m just so sorry.

I’d drink the entire sea if it gave me that feeling,
I cursed every mouthful that didn’t,
It cost me more than money and headaches,
I’d eat the entire beach if every grain were a pill,

The beach – it brings out the worst in me,
With only myself now I watch the sea,
I watch the waves collide around me,
I bend, on my knee’s, I hope God can hear me,

“I need something consistent,
I need someone who can take my story,
So I don’t have to feel all alone and broken,
I’m tired of always feeling sorry.
Amen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment