Friday, October 2, 2009

September Poetry

Shinigami.

So I saw you with your scythe and hood,
And those evil eyes gave me that look
like ‘I am coming for you’ so simple,
Well, I know and I’m not running,
Just waiting up at night, so simple,
Why have you taken so long to visit me?
Why are you taking so long to take me?
I know you’ll cut off my tongue in the afterlife,
I’ve told so many stories, so many lies,
And I’d like to say I’m past caring – that I don’t mind,
But that would just be another lie,
I am such a good liar – that might be
why I’m terrified of unconsciousness.
I am anxious for you to come for me,
I am terrified for you to come to me,
Will we embrace in final peace?
Or will you impale me?
I guess these questions are unanswerable
until the night you take me from my bed,
my house, my town, my entire life,
So my mind will just keep trying to answer
all these questions in my sleeping hours,
In my dreams and nightmares I wonder
what is there, is there anything at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment