Wednesday, July 27, 2011

18-11-09
NOSTLEN GIDNITY

Downed much more than any fish,
I wonder if they even drink water,
Don’t they simply breathe it?
But the water is not combating
the poison tonight.

I am slurring, I am falling,
I am tripping, I am speaking
so loud and I, I am smiling.

A danger but not just to myself,
But a danger to that boys heart
or his ego, part those lips
and let me spit all my dignity
in your mouth tonight.

I am laughing, I am dancing,
I am tripping, I am making
such a fool of all of you.

Like something in a sci-fi movie
I step into a machine and press go,
And I step out a different person,
Well where’d that confidence come from?
What’s that niggling, tingling, stinging
feeling? It really feels quite nice.

I am who I want to be.
And who you want me to be.
I am who I want to be.

Is it what I want or the only
thing I can control? Irony says
you’ve lost control, kid, that’s your
lesson for trying to get one back
at the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment