Wednesday, June 16, 2010

it kind of is a bit too teenage angsty,but oh well.

9-3-10
That snap. That fizz.
Like music. Suits all the tunes
I listen to, angst-filled and
confessing secrets while keeping
the truth in our back pocket.

(That snap. That fizz.)
That rush of liquid through my lips.
I savor, I scull and I am
filled with relief, knowing it won’t
last and keeping the truth…

That snap. That fizz.
I love how cold a can stays
in the drawer in my desk.
I think this is the time I should pick
up the phone but I’m…

Such a wuss, such a wimp.
I just tell myself a few more sips
and I’ll have the confidence but I…
I…

Am falling. That snap. That fizz.
How I love this song. How it paints
my life on my retina’s. Closed doors,
Open drawers, closed eyes.

Oh, how I hope this is more than angst-y
teenage poetry, because I’m not that young
anymore, despite every wish and every attempt,
Somehow I reached beyond everything I never
ever wanted. Now I’m…

That snap. That fizz.
Oh how I wish to be drunk.
I remind myself to drink a little faster,
Oh, how full my stomach feels.
Oh, how ill my stomach feels,
Yet how strong my tongue does call.

No comments:

Post a Comment