Wednesday, June 16, 2010

18-3-10

Have you ever been so sure
of something so unnatural
that it feels like a dream
except your eyes are widening
at every turn, threatening
to jump right out of their sockets
in an attempt of suicide ‘cause
the things they see are just too…

Have you ever been so sure
of yourself that you’d walk on
your hands on a balcony
and scrunch up your eyes in a
pretence of concentration,
but really just wanting to be the life
of the party before you
attempt suicide, once again I…

Have you ever looked up too quickly,
And had the colours of a room drip
through your vision in shapes, distortions
that frighten you still and seize up every muscle,
Have you ever lied to yourself to calm yourself,
Like that breeze on my neck is not real,
Like that whisper my ear was in my head,
Like that hand in my hand is just my blanket,
And like I’ll be around to see all this when I’m…

Oh, what a party trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment