Wednesday, June 16, 2010

30-3-10

My head under the pillow,
my body curled tight
like my eyes blocking out
all the light, I pull the blanket
over me,
trying to pretend another
day is not about to kill me.

When I can sleep no more,
I sit up miserably, I shake my head,
I shake my body, I shake my hands,
and I pinch my wrists, just trying
to wake up.

My feet flat on the floor,
my socks far away
like my sighing shoes my
mind is astray, I shake and
shake and,
try to pretend another day
is not going to be so hard.

I cross my arms, hold myself together,
and I shake, I shake, I shake,
I hold my shoulders and I shake,
I shake, I shake until…

my head hurts, my eyes hurt,
my shoulders and my neck have cramps,
and I still look miserably at the floor
and at my socks, so far away…

I cannot seem to make my body bend,
not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment