Friday, June 3, 2011

Jumping flies

5/5/11
I will not be another statistic,
The increasing height of a line on a chart,
I won’t be another crazy kid sick with demons,
I won’t be another depressed head
who cannot take the issues of a world where
They’re dropping like flies,
jumping with lies,
jumping with their lives.

My goal must be made more than
to just be alive by the end of this month,
My life must be more than just trying to
make it through every hour,

I will climb the mountain but I won’t
hang myself with the rope.
I will fight fist to fist with every demon
and I will win. I will fight fist to fist
with every approaching enemy.
I will win where

they dropped like flies,
jumped with lies,
jumped with their lives.

And I salute because I know the feeling
but I won’t give in and I’ll live the life of those unlived,
And I salute because I know how easily
that could of been my body,
And I will live the life of those unlived.

No comments:

Post a Comment