Monday, August 1, 2011

1/8/11
There’s been this difference in my life since I widened my squinting eyes,
I saw things I’d never seen right in front of me,
And I think they call this opportunity.

Where in boredom I used to list the things I hated
about my stupid self, well now I’m listing the things
that I don’t mind,

Well what a turnaround,
I’m not saying I don’t’ feel pain,
But I also no longer fear change.

I crawled out of the glass box I built around myself,
And I didn’t get out unscathed,
And I’ve got more scars than some,
But I don’t hide them in shame anymore,

I decided not to just live to breathe,
same old boring unfulfilling routine,
I decided to just give life a try,
Now I breathe to live,

And I will fill this head with memories unpleasant and the opposite
because that’s just life but I won’t lie down at the first sign
of a fight because I’ve been through more than some
and I know I can get through, I know I can get through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment